What Is Generic Valtrex?
Generic Valtrex is an oral antiviral drug which is active against the herpes viruses. It is used to treat infections with shingles (herpes zoster), genital herpes (herpes simplex genitalis), and cold sores (herpes labialis). Erectile Wellness provide Best Offer Generic Valtrex 500mg, 1000mg (Valacyclovir) Online USA, UK At Cheap Price.
We carry both the brand name and generic versions of Valtrex. Our lower price is due to the dispensing pharmacy in Europe has a much lower cost than in the USA, that saving has been passed on to you. It is simple as that we have a lower cost so you pay less.
Generic Valtrex (Valacyclovir) is an antiviral drug. It slows the growth and spread of the herpes virus so that the body can fight off the infection. Generic Valtrex will not cure herpes, but it can lessen the symptoms of the infection. Generic Valtrex is used to treat infections caused by herpes viruses in adults and children.
Valacyclovir is the generic for Valtrex an approved treatment or suppression of herpes zoster (shingles) and genital herpes. Generic Valtrex does help heal sores and prevent new ones from forming. Generic Valtrex (Valacyclovir) has become one of the most popular medications worldwide when it comes to treating herpes zoster and genital herpes.
Global Pharmacy is pleased to offer you the highest quality generic Valacyclovir manufactured by Cipla and shipped directly to you. Our generic brand is provided by Cipla and is named Valcivir, it has the same potency as the brand name and generic Valtrex you can buy in the United States.
How should I use this medicine?
This is an antiviral medicine that lowers the ability of herpes viruses to multiply in your body. This medicine is used in adults:
- to treat cold sores (also called fever blisters or herpes labialis)
- to treat shingles (also called herpes zoster)
- to treat or control genital herpes outbreaks in adults with normal immune systems
- to control genital herpes outbreaks in adults infected with the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) with CD4+ cell count greater than 100 cells/mm3
This medicine used daily with the following safer sex practices can lower the chances of passing genital herpes to your partner:
- do not have sexual contact with your partner when you have any symptom or outbreak of genital herpes.
- use a condom made of latex or polyurethane whenever you have sexual contact.
This medicine is used in children:
- to treat cold sores (for children ≥12 years of age)
- to treat chickenpox (for children 2 to <18 years of age) • This medicine does not cure herpes infections (cold sores, chickenpox, shingles, or genital herpes). The efficacy of this medicine has not been studied in children who have not reached puberty.
How Does Generic Valtrex Work?
Generic Valtrex belongs to a class of drugs called nucleoside analogs that mimic one of the building blocks of DNA. It stops the spread of herpes virus in the body by preventing the replication of viral DNA that is necessary for viruses to multiply. Other drugs in the same class include acyclovir and famciclovir. Valacyclovir is actually a “prodrug,” in that it is not active itself. Rather, it is converted to acyclovir the body, and it is the acyclovir that is active against the viruses. (Acyclovir itself is available as a topical, oral and intravenous medication.) Valacyclovir, therefore, is active against the same viruses as acyclovir, but valacyclovir has a longer duration of action than acyclovir, and, therefore, can be taken fewer times each day.
How Do I take Generic Valtrex ?
Take this medication exactly as it was prescribed for you. Do not take the medication in larger amounts, or take it for longer than recommended by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Treatment with valacyclovir should be started as soon as possible after the first appearance of symptoms (such as tingling, burning, blisters). This medication might not be as effective if you first start taking it 1 or 2 days after the start of your symptoms.
Take each dose with a full glass of water. Drink plenty of water while you are taking valacyclovir to keep your kidneys working properly.
Shake the oral suspension (liquid) well just before you measure a dose. To be sure you get the correct dose, measure the liquid with a marked measuring spoon or medicine cup, not with a regular table spoon. If you do not have a dose-measuring device, ask your pharmacist for one.
Valacyclovir can be taken with or without food.
Take this medication for the entire length of time prescribed by your doctor. Your symptoms may get better before the infection is completely treated. Valacyclovir will not treat a viral infection such as the common cold or flu.
Lesions caused by herpes viruses should be kept as clean and dry as possible. Wearing loose clothing may help to prevent irritation of the lesions.
Store valacyclovir tablets at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Store valacyclovir liquid in a refrigerator. Do not freeze. Throw away any unused valacyclovir that is older than 28 days.
Generic Valtrex is used for treating shingles (herpes zoster), cold sores (fever blisters or herpes labialis), and treating, suppressing, or reducing transmission of genital herpes in patients with normal immune systems. It is also used to treat chickenpox in children and teenagers. It is also used to suppress genital herpes in patients with HIV infection. Generic Valtrex is an antiviral. It works by stopping viral replication. However, Generic Valtrex does not eliminate the virus; it is not a cure. When used as a suppressive therapy in patients with normal immune systems with genital herpes using safer sex practices, the risk of spreading the infections to others is reduced.
Use Generic Valtrex as directed by your doctor!
- Take Generic Valtrex by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- Drinking extra fluids while you are taking Generic Valtrex is recommended. Check with your doctor for instructions.
- To treat cold sores, chickenpox, shingles, or genital herpes, start treatment as soon as possible after your symptoms start.
- If treating an acute outbreak, use Generic Valtrex for the full course of treatment. Keep using it even if you feel better in a few days.
- For suppressive therapy, Generic Valtrex works best if it is taken at the same time each day.
- If you miss a dose of Genneric Valtrex, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Generic Valtrex.
- Generic Valtrex may be taken with or without food. Dosages need to be reduced in patients with kidney disease.
- For the treatment of herpes zoster (shingles), the usual dose is 1 gm. three times a day for 7 days. Treatment should begin at the first symptom and is most effective if started within 48 hours of the onset of rash. The dose for chickenpox is 20 mg/kg 3 times daily for 5 days (maximum dose is 1000 mg 3 times daily) and treatment should start at the earliest sign or symptom.
- For the treatment of an initial episode of genital herpes, the usual dose is 1 gram (1000 mg) twice daily for 10 days. For the treatment of recurrent genital herpes, the usual dose is 500 mg twice daily for 3 days. For best results, treatment should be initiated within 12 hours of the start of symptoms.
- The dose for cold sores is 2000 mg (2 grams) every 12 hours for 1 day.
Where Should I keep my medicine?
Store Generic Valtrex between 59 and 77 degrees F (15 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Valtrex out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Warnings & Precautions:
Do not take Generic Valtrex if you are allergic to any of its ingredients. Before taking this medicine, tell your healthcare provider about all your medical conditions, including:
- If you have had a bone marrow transplant or kidney transplant, or if you have advanced HIV disease or “AIDS”. Patients with these conditions may have a higher chance for getting a blood disorder called thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura/hemolytic uremic syndrome (TTP/HUS). TTP/HUS can result in death.
- If you have kidney problems. Patients with kidney problems may have a higher chance for getting side effects or more kidney problems with Generic Valtrex. Your healthcare provider may give you a lower dose of this medicine.
- If you are 65 years of age or older. Elderly patients have a higher chance of certain side effects. Also, elderly patients are more likely to have kidney problems. Your healthcare provider may give you a lower dose of this medicine.
- About all the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. This medicine may affect other medicines, and other medicines may affect this medicine. It is a good idea to keep a complete list of all the medicines you take. Show this list to your healthcare provider time you get a new medicine.
Active Ingredient: Valacyclovir hydrochloride.